“We loved you so much that we shared with you not only God’s Good News but our own lives, too.” – 1 Thessalonians 2:8
The Youth Ministry of St. Patrick Presbyterian Church exists to engage the youth and families of our church and the Collierville community with the unconditional love, grace, and acceptance from God through the Lord Jesus Christ – in short, the Gospel!
During the school year, weekly from 9:15-10:15 am
Every Sunday we meet together for breakfast in the youth room, and then we split up into Jr. High and Sr. High for lessons. The Jr. High is currently working through Your Word is Truth by John Piper. The Sr. High will be studying the book of Acts.
During the school year, weekly, Jr. High from 5:00-6:30pm and Sr. High from 6:30-8:00pm
On Sunday nights, we gather together to play games and hangout. We eat dinner and dive into our lessons. The Jr. High has been working through the Walk with Me book series as a small group. Sr. High will be studying “Nine Sins the Church is Surprisingly Okay with.”
Stories of Summer
During the summer, weekly, Jr. High from 5:00-6:30pm and Sr. High from 6:30-8:00pm
During the summer, we get people from both within the St. Patrick community and outside, to come and give their testimonies to the youth. This is a great way for each of the teens to hear a story that relates to their specific situation in life and see how a life in God is really lived out, realistically. Be sure to check the calendar for dates and times, since the summer is somewhat sporadic.
During the summer, weekly-ish from 6:30-8:30pm, Jr. High and Sr. High on alternating weeks
This is our time of the summer to just hang out and stay connected with each other during the busy summer. We gather together and have fun with a different activity each week, from going to the park, to bowling, to RedBirds games. Follow us on Social Media and check the calendar for updates.
Throughout the year, check News and Announcements for details
Both Jr. High and Sr. High enjoy 3 trips every year. They each have a separate Winter Retreat and a Summer Retreat, and both groups go on a Mission Trip together each summer. These trips have a huge impact on the youth. For many, it is a time to get away from the day to day, to bond with friends, and to really get in touch with and listen to God. The Mission Trip is also a great way for the youth to truly learn about serving others, especially those who are in a hard season of life.
Here at St. Patrick, and by the Grace of God, we strive to:
- Always provide a safe and non-”clique-ish” Gospel environment in which your child can learn and fellowship
- Always be an example and encourager of “Gospel grace” as we fellowship and learn together
- Always be prepared with well planned and thought-out Gospel curriculum and activities
- Always be verbally and non-verbally intentional about expressing the importance of “Gospel centered community” for balanced Christian growth
- Always look for opportunities to develop a healthy Gospel centered relationship with your child
- Always pray for discernment into what your child’s God-given gifts are and point those out to him or her on a consistent basis, and to be a partner in developing those gifts, both with them and with you
- Always be faithful in teaching and living out the Gospel mission statement of St. Patrick, and more importantly the loving/saving grace-filled, missional life of Jesus to “the least of these”, our neighbors, our community and to all nations as the Spirit leads
- Be available to minister to your child at the church or wherever they may be in need