Missions and Outreach
LOCAL: Community Outreach
Once a month, volunteers from our Missions Committee meet with people from our local community to see how the church can help them financially. We help cover the cost of many things, from water and light bills to food and other basic needs. We meet with each family individually to help build a relationship so that we can encourage them in spiritual growth and financial responsibility.
- Neighborhood Christian Center is our primary partner in outreach to the impoverished families of Collierville and southeast Shelby County.
- YoungLife works to introduce adolescents to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith. They accomplish their mission by building personal relationships with them.
- Kairos Prison Ministry is a Christian ministry that seeks to address the spiritual needs of incarcerated men, women, youth, and their families.
- Meals on Wheels is committed to supporting their senior neighbors to live healthier and more nourished lives in their own homes. Together, we galvanize the resources of local community organizations into a safety net for our seniors.
REGIONAL: Church Planting
We believe church planting is the most effective investment of our resources beyond our local community. In addition to our intimate support of plants through our Presbytery, we have launched these churches out of our own congregation:
- St. Patrick in Austin, TX
- Chelsea Presbyterian in Chelsea, AL
- The Table in Little Rock, AR
- All Souls in Nashville, TN
- Resurrection in Chattanooga, TN
In addition to our partnerships and funding through the EPC’s World Outreach, these are a few of our special relationships